Ground Transportation on Long Island
If you are coming by car, you should know that you have two options:
- Visitors to the university may obtain a permit and park in the specific areas designated in the permit. According to internal regulations, as parking spaces on campus are severely limited, visitors should park in the peripheral lots or parking garages;
- Visitors with no permit can use university garages or metered spaces, which are subject to a parking fee.
If you need to obtain a parking permit, please, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request by June 21, 2015.
Taxi and Limousine Services
There are several taxi and limousine services that serve the Long Island area and the New York and Long Island airports:
- Spartan (1-631-928-5454): pick-up from JFK and La-Guardia airport (private cab $91, shared cab $60) or Islip (private cab $54, shared cab $39)
- Reservation -- Please fill in the form (to and back to airport) and fax it to Spartan office at 1-631-928-9048 or send to us at email@example.com.
If your pick-up or destination is the School Dorm, the address is 300 Circle Road, Lauterbur Hall, Stony Brook, NY 11790.
- Classic Transportation (1-631-567-5100): pick-up from JFK, La-Guardia airport or Islip.
- Lindy's Taxi (1-631-444-4444).
- Always Available Taxi Service (1-631-265-2500).
- LIALS (Long Island Limousine Service) (1-631-234-8400).
- Winston Airport Shuttle (1-631-816-2104).
Long Island Railroad (LIRR)
LIRR trains serve the Long Island area and connect it with New York City and main airports.
Please check LIRR Train Schedule for details.
- Avis (www.avis.com), with locations in Stony Brook and Port Jefferson.
- Toll free: 1-800-230-4898
- Local: 1-631-751-9091
- Enterprise (www.enterprise.com), in Port Jefferson.
- Toll free: 1-800-261-7331
- Local: 1-631-361-2100
- Hertz (www.hertz.com), located in Port Jefferson.
- Toll free: 1-877-826-8782
- Local: 1-631-474-1967